The constant evolution of dentistry enables us to continually improve how we perform daily dental tasks such as tooth brushing. While the basic process of brushing your teeth has remained unchanged, there are many tips and tricks to ensure this habit is as effective as can be. Our dentist and team recommend the following techniques to help you brush your teeth more efficiently:
– Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gum line.
– Use small and gentle strokes; don’t scrub harshly.
– Address all areas of the tooth, including the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces.
– Brush for two-minute intervals at least twice a day.
– Angle the brush vertically to clean the front teeth.
– Help your toothbrush last and remain hygienic by treating it with proper care.
– Follow up brushing with with flossing to address the areas between teeth that your toothbrush can’t reach.
– Include the five food groups in a healthy and balanced diet and restrict snacking between meals to improve your oral health.
– Schedule a routine oral exam and dental cleaning with our dentist every six months.
To help you develop proper tooth brushing techniques in Granada Hills, California, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Robert J. Luszczak when you call White Oak Family Dentistry at 818-363-7484. We look forward to helping you boost your smile!