Did you know, mouthwash is full of benefits that can improve your oral health? Well, it’s true! Mouthwash can fight against cavities and provide you with fresh breath each day.
To help you understand more about mouthwash, our dentists, Dr. Bob and Dr. Nicole with White Oak Family Dentistry in Granada Hills, California, are happy to explain the reasons why they should be added to your oral hygiene routine.
The power of mouthwash includes:
– One of the key benefits that mouthwash products provide is for freshening your breath.
– Two common forms of mouthwash are therapeutic mouthwash and cosmetic mouthwash. It is important to know which each one does and choose accordingly.
– Whereas therapeutic mouthwash can help treat various oral health disorders and conditions within your mouth, cosmetic mouthwash often is only used to help mask bad breath.
– If you are suffering from bad breath, mouthwash is an extremely effective treatment to use. However, it does not work in all situations, as bad breath may be caused by another illness or oral health condition such as a toothache or a respiratory tract infection.
– To slow the rate of tartar, use a therapeutic mouthwash.
– To help prevent and reduce gingivitis, use a therapeutic mouthwash.
– For assistance with plaque buildup and bacteria in your mouth and on your tongue, a therapeutic mouthwash can prove to be helpful.
As you can see, there are many reasons to add mouthwash to your daily routine. Mouthwash can fight against cavities and gum disease protecting your smile from the harmful bacteria that harms them. If you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 818-363-7484 to make an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you.